Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Santarchy (AKA Santacon) 2009

Santarchy was completely awesome.  I don't want to go into detail about the evening and the pictures don't tell the half of it but you get the idea.



 
I've developed a serious sense of belonging here in Korea.  With every nutty day at work, night on the town, or new friend I meet this country is beginning to feel more and more like home.  I'm sure I'll go back to the states for a few months after this contract but the prospect of returning here and making a life becomes increasingly more feasible every week.  With those sentiments comes an apathetic attitude towards this blog.  I started it so that people back home could see what life was like here but as time goes on I'm beginning to crave a little anonymity.  Life in my hometown feels so foreign and stagnant in comparison to my current circumstances.  Plus keeping up on this thing is a lot of work and there is really no pay off.  It generates about $1.50/month in advertising and nobody really comments on it anymore. I promised myself that I'd see it through for a year but unless aliens land or war breaks out I doubt I'll be updating it on a weekly basis anymore.  To everyone who still checks in thank you and Happy Holidays from the ROK!

3 comments:

  1. wow--- just as the ROK is starting to feel like home to you, the exact opposite is happening to me. Interesting...

    Either way, I'm happy for you (this isn't meant to sound sarcastic or disingenuous).

    Also, I will miss your weekly updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm sure as hell gonna miss it. I've read every blog post you've dropped on teh interwebz. I'm gonna miss you if you decide to stay, but shit, you've gotta do what you gotta do.

    -Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I was there - and like you, I posted some photos (the pole dancers were mercifully left unpictured so as to save people's jobs from drunken dancing... My post is over at http://chrisinsouthkorea.blogspot.com/2009/12/santacon-2009-seoul-style.html

    FWIW, it's not (and shouldn't) be about the money. If you want money for your writing, write a book. Or teach privates... Your call - blogging has made lots of introductions and friends, but not yet a lot of money...

    ReplyDelete