Monday, January 25, 2010

Thailand Part 1

Thailand is awesome.  The people you meet.  The scenery.  The attitude.  It may be the coolest place I've ever been.  Highlights thus far include the nightlife at Kaohsan Road in Bangkok, getting a bungalow on the beach for $10/day, fighting elephants for bananas, racing motorbikes across an island that has no DUI/helmet laws with a pack of foreigners at 1am because you are dedicated to a mission, and having a bar deep in the jungle open up just for you and the people you're with despite the uncivilized hour.  This place is somewhere that I can see losing myself in for years.  And many people do.  I can't tell you word for word how excellent every part of my day is here.  I can't possibly weave a narrative that would help you come any closer to understanding the magnitude of this place.  You've either been here and experienced it...or you're stuck looking at other people's vacation photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment